The Honorary Mayor of Beaverdam, Virginia will have no
authority or power.
The term will be for one year (from Beaverdam
Heritage Day to following Beaverdam Heritage Day).
Benefits of being the Honorary Mayor of Beaverdam, Virginia:
Be able to ride in the Beaverdam 4th of
July Parade as the Honorary Mayor of Beaverdam, Virginia.
Be the guest of honor at, and pick the music style,
at the annual ‘Mayor’s Ball’.
Be invited as the honored guest at the Beaverdam
area’s civic groups meetings.
Have bragging rights.
There are no term limits.
- The nominating period is from the first
day after Beaverdam Heritage Day and ending on Sept 1st.
- Nominations for the position must be made
in writing to either:
Association For the Preservation of the
Beaverdam Heritage Days Foundation.
Beaverdam Ruritan Club
Honorary Mayor of Beaverdam
Beaverdam, VA 23015
- The nominee must be a living human being.
- Residency rule, yes all nominees must be a
- A non-returnable $5.00 registration fee
must accompany the written nomination.
This is to cover the cost of forms, posters, banners,
- If more than one nomination is submitted
for the same candidate, the $5.00 registration fee(s) for each
duplicate fee(s) will be counted as 5 votes for that nominee.
- The voting period is from July 4th
until twelve noon on Beaverdam Heritage Day.
- Means of voting is by dollars donated.
- Each dollar donated in a nominee’s name
equals one vote.
- All are encouraged to voting more than
- One does not need to live in the Beaverdam
area to vote.
- Voting early and often is encouraged.
Bribery, buying votes, PACs, and corporate
sponsorship are allowed
Nomination and Voting Form
Click here to download
Voting Form PDF
Rules and Requirements
to download Rules and Requirements PDF